HEALTH & SAFETY COMMUNICATIONS
Your Well-Being is Our Top Priority
March 8, 2022
The Royalton New York is open for overnight stays. We have comfortable beds, clean guestrooms and team members ready to warmly welcome you with smiles and gratitude.
Our restaurant and bar are temporarily closed.
Above & Beyond
Based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), we are taking extraordinary preventative measures to help keep our guests and team members healthy and safe.
Our Above & Beyond health and safety plan — described below and on signage throughout the hotel — will be updated regularly to reflect the latest science.
Health and Safety Highlights
- Stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been upgraded. We are using only disinfectants qualified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as effective against COVID-19. (See more on our specific cleaning procedures below.)
- Social distancing is required. Visual markers ensure that everyone has a guide for remaining at least 6 feet apart throughout the hotel and its grounds. We have rearranged furniture and furnishings where possible and team members are enforcing 6-feet distances in public areas (such as the hotel lobby and entrances), event spaces, restaurants and employee areas.
- Masks must be worn when not actively eating or drinking. Face coverings are required for team members, guests, visitors and vendors in public areas of the hotel and when physical distancing cannot be maintained. We may ask you to remove your mask briefly to provide age or identity verification. (For security purposes, coverings that obscure the entire face are not permitted.)
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the hotel. Touchless stations stocked with hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes (containing 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol in keeping with CDC standards) are placed in public and employee areas.
- Elevator use is limited. Only one passenger or two people from the same group may use an elevator at a time.
- Team members are required to wear the provided Personal Protective Equipment and they are receiving additional training. The training covers proper handwashing and other safety techniques.
- Plexiglass has been added to the front desk.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Cleaning in all public spaces is increased with special attention to high-touch surfaces. These surfaces include, but are not limited to, front desk counters, door handles, counters, chairs, tables, guestroom door locks, electronic kiosks, escalators and stair handrails.
- Only EPA-certified disinfectants qualified for use against COVID-19 are used.
- Restrooms are stocked with EPA-approved antimicrobial soap.
- Only one guest or two guests in the same group may use the fitness center at a time, and a reservation is required.
- The fitness center will be cleaned every hour and will be stocked with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes so guests can wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Guestrooms are deep cleaned after every checkout.
- Only EPA-certified disinfectants qualified for use against COVID-19 are used. We pay special attention to high-touch areas such as hard surfaces, counters, television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, control panels, light switches, thermostats and flooring.
- Room keys are sanitized before distribution. We try not to share items like pens, but if we must, they are disinfected between uses.
- Amenities are available by request. Minibars and reusable items in guestrooms have been removed — please call the front desk with any requests.
- Our laundry service washes linens in high temperatures. If you need extra linens, let us know. When the linens are collected for washing, we are using sealed laundry bags.
- In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, the guestroom will be closed and deep cleaned by a third party. The guestroom will not be available for occupancy until the room is deemed safe.
If you are not feeling well, let us know. Our front desk staff is available 24/7 to assist you with emergency numbers and referrals to nearby medical facilities.
If you have any questions about our Coronavirus procedures, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here for you.
While travel remains restricted in many parts of the world, we want to provide flexibility.
Retail Rate reservations may be cancelled by 3 PM 24 hours prior to your arrival date.
To modify or cancel your reservation, click here and click “My Bookings” at the top right of the screen.
If you have questions about your reservation, please call us at (212) 869-4400 or email us at email@example.com and a team member will respond as quickly as possible.
Take care, stay healthy and thank you for being part of the Royalton New York family.